Sunday, August 21, 2016

Almost Four

Today is Barrett's last day to be three and I think we both have mixed emotions. I'm more than ready to say goodbye to his way too often "threenager" moments, but he's also still cuddling, begging for us to lay down with him every night after reading books, and gives us kisses and hugs all the time. Today, I told Barrett he would be four when he woke up. His face lit up then quickly changed to a look of worry. He said "Mommy, I don't want to be big forever. I want to stay little." Then ten minutes later he said "I want to hug boobies...Harley Quinn boobies" Oh how I miss his innocent little one-year-old self when he talks about superheroes (constantly) and boobies. What are we going to do with him??

We made today a celebration with a homemade cinnamon swirl cake with added chocolate chips per Barrett's request. Then for Zoey's long nap, we laid in bed while he watched cartoons and I got an hour of much needed rest. Pops was in town so he stopped by to bring us more fresh eggs. He fed and hung out with Zoey while B and I ran to Target so I could get some cheesy Spiderman wrapping paper to get a present ready for tomorrow. Steven got off work at 4:00 and had the best idea to go to one of our local favorites, Angelina's, for Mexican food. Pops came with us so of course, B was excited. He also got to open a little early birthday Pokemon present :)

Barrett's night time routines are always pretty long, and when Steven is home at night (about half the week) he usually is in charge of B for his routine. Tonight, I spent way too long playing, reading, laughing, and telling stories with my Barrett. He picked out all Halloween themed books and requested two stories for me to make up afterwards. He will tell me what characters and which real people to include and the rest is up to me. Tonight, he wanted Logan in both stories and red Hulk, green Hulk, and three different colored Captain America's. He is SO SO excited about his party coming up next weekend. He will ask me what all we are going to do and who all is going to be there. He names everyone he loves and it's really so sweet how much he loves everyone who he doesn't even get to see very much. He absolutely loves being surrounded by people!

In true three-year-old Barrett fashion, we ended the night with him throwing a LOUD, DRAMATIC fit because he couldn't find his lego superhero book. This was after he already got up and made us search for a comic book. Any mommas out there with an extremely dramatic, strong-willed child knows the struggle, so we opened a bottle of wine and proceeded to make birthday pancakes to reheat for the morning. Cheers to saying goodbye to my "threenager" and praying hard he doesn't turn into a "fournado"!
Add caption







No comments:

Post a Comment