Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Maui Day FIVE

DAY FIVE 06/22

This was the day I was not looking forward to because Steven was going golfing for most of the day. I know it's cheesy, but I really do hate being away from him. While Steven and Trent went golfing, we took the kids to the Shops at Wailea a few minutes from our hotel. We had fun shopping around then decided to eat lunch at a burger place. Barrett had already thrown a few little fits and wasn't in the nicest mood. I was a little on edge because I can just tell when he's off and with the addition of steroid medication I was nervous. We were in the middle of eating when he needed to go to the bathroom, but wanted me to take him back to the hotel. He started screaming...loudly, in the middle of the restaurant. To say I was embarrassed is an understatement. I carried him into the hall by the bathroom and he only screamed louder. He has a fear of toilets flushing that he's unfamiliar with so he just decided that these toilets must be extra scary and loud. After a lot of talking and trying everything I could, I ended up in tears and we left. I hate that this happened because it overshadowed the fun moments of the day, but at least I have pictures to remember the good. Who knew such a small little boy could ignite such a spark in our lives. Everything about him can be described as passionate; as much as it hurts when he is hurting or inconsolable, the love is insurmountable.

Ukelele shopping with Pops. We can't wait for him to learn how to play his first song!

Waiting for our delicious burgers that I ended up taking to go :(


The happiest baby in the world.

One of my favorite pictures from the whole trip.

Carolyn had this fun fruit art in her suite when we got back. Yummy snack before our facials!
Zoey was happy as always the whole day, and Jaime and I booked last minute facials once the guys got back from golfing. I NEEDED IT! The facial was the best I've ever had and it was fate that I met the woman who gave me the facial. Somehow we got on the subject of our kids and she described one of her boys that was so similar to Barrett it seemed unreal. After the day I had, it was such a relief to finally relate to another mom so closely. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing everything wrong, but our conversation gave me a peace I'm still holding onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment