Sunday, May 8, 2016

Zingo Zoey is Three Months!

May 02. 2016

Our baby girl is three months old today!!! We are all in love with her and can't get enough of her addicting smiles. If I talk to her, sing, or even just get close to her face, she responds with a huge smile and it's the sweetest thing in the whole world! Barrett loves when she smiles, and if she makes her little noises, he gets excited and says she's laughing. I read Barrett's three month post and he was already rolling over from his back to tummy and from side to side, laughing, and talking all the time. The only thing really similar is that Zoey seems to be pretty sturdy and very aware of her surroundings like he was. We can hold onto her fingers and she likes to stand in our laps and she will follow me with her eyes wherever I am going. The difference is she likes to cuddle, she's very quiet and calm, and only uses her voice when she is really needing something. Her personality is so calming; I can snuggle her and just instantly feel relaxed. I can already see Barrett and Zoey being best friends and balancing each other out perfectly. She makes little cooing noises that sometimes sound like laughs and it makes me excited for when she does start the giggle and babbling stage. She's very observant and will turn her head to whatever is going on in the room. She can take or leave her paci. She usually only wants it if she's hungry or tired.


This monthly post is full of extra appreciation for the health and happiness of this angel due to a very scary day last week. I will post more detail later, but long story short....she had a very high temp caused by a UTI. She may have a condition that could end up needing surgery. We are staying positive because that is the worst case scenario, so hopefully it's something we can fix with meds and she can grow out of. On a positive note, she is on the mend and back to her smiley self (though not in her three month pics!)

Getting her ready to take pics and the way she was looking at me made me take a few pics on my phone. They ended up being my favorite!
I love that little tongue!
This face sums up how she felt about taking her pics on Mommy's good camera. She was over it before it began!

Weight: 12.8 lbs
Height: 
Head Circumference: 
Eye color: Still undecided. Some days I think they will be the same brown color as Barrett's, and some days I think they will be a yellow hazel/greenish like mine. They also look navy blue quite often.
Clothes: three months
Diapers: size one
Milestones: She definitely knows who her people are, but she's also showing a little personality with other people. You can tell if she likes someone right away. She hadn't seen my dad in a while, and when we visited him, she immediately gave him a huge smile! Even Steven was a little jealous because he works hard to get those. She will either study someone very seriously or give an approving smile. She's a mommy's girl and will always smile and coo at me without hesitation. Barrett was never partial and loved Steven and I the same, so I have to admit I kind of love that she is a mommy's girl. 
Sleeping: She was sleeping so good until this sickness hit. We think the antibiotics are upsetting her tummy and keeping her up. We had one night of her new normal of sleeping 6-7 hours straight, but now she is waking us up every few hours. We are tired. 
Eating: She eats her bottles like a champ but seems to be a little bit more laid back while eating. Barrett was a voracious eater (and still is as a toddler), and she will eat when she's hungry then kind of just play around with the bottle and smile. She's a bit of a lazy eater and always ends up letting it run down her face to her neck. 
Activities: We are finally getting a little more routined during the day. She seems to like taking two naps a day, or a long morning nap followed by cat naps during the afternoon (depending on how loud Barrett is being). When she is awake she loves laying under the activity gym, kicking her legs, and watching the lights and spinning birds. She also is super content during bath time. Even if she is tired or hungry she never cries while getting a bath. She doesn't smile either...just very calm and content. 
Favorite things: Her favorite thing is definitely being talked and sang to. Her big eyes grow even bigger and brighter when Steven, Barrett, or I give her full attention. She loves when I touch her cheeks and chin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment