Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weekend at Pops' House

My dad LOVES when his kids come to visit and I know he misses having people at his house all the time. Since having Zoey, we haven't felt up to going for a weekend, but we finally made it happen. I spent my entire Friday planning and packing and by the time Steven got home to help I was exhausted. Packing for a weekend away with a toddler, baby, and hot mess shih-tzu is insane. I think it was around 6:30 when we finally got on the road. Just as we were getting on the highway I realized I forgot Kyndall's birthday present I had up in my closet that had been ready for months! Thankfully, my mom was already planning on getting our diaper/wipes package the next day, so I had her get the present. This weekend was not only Kyndall's third birthday party, but we also had our first night out away from our kids since Zoey was born. Madison came out to help babysit and we had a blast with our friends celebrating my 29th birthday and one of my best friends masters graduation. We stayed out until 3:00 am! Needless to say we are still catching up on sleep, but it was worth it! We did get to spend a little time checking out his new little chickens and soaking in the peaceful atmosphere of his house. Saturday morning, we made mimosas and I laid out in the sun for almost an hour while Zoey napped and Barrett rode around on the Kubota with Pops. It was pure bliss and next time we will go with no other plans!

We played tetris trying to fit everything in the car.

The brown and white one was for sure posing for me.


The Pub

Love these girls

When you've just had a baby, you wear all black lol!

Jared was clearly the star of our pictures
Our team for Heads Up

No comments:

Post a Comment