I couldn't be more excited to have a girl! I've dreamed of having a daughter since I was a little girl, and it feels almost too good to be true that we get to add a little pink princess to the family. A week before finding out, I was convinced it was a boy. We even had a boy name picked out and I was planning an all boy playroom in our new house. At 14 weeks, I couldn't wait any longer to find out and since my best friend has access to a sono machine at her work, I went early and her tech wrote down what she thought on a sono pic and sealed the results in an envelope. She said she was pretty sure she knew because the baby gave her a really good look. I figured it was a boy because you can tell a lot earlier with boys.
I drove about two minutes before I had to pull over and call Steven. He said he couldn't wait and wanted me to open it right then. Right there in a parking lot, with Barrett in the car seat, I opened the envelope and got the shock of my life. I will never forget the moment I saw "IT'S A GIRL!" on that sono pic. I literally lost my breath and started crying. Once I could finally speak I told Steven "It says it's a girl! I can't believe it!" It was such an emotional and happy moment. I spent the rest of the day feeling a mixture of shock and happiness. We decided to not tell anyone and also realized there was always a chance the results were wrong at such an early prediction. We went to another sono at Visions of Love at 15 weeks and it was confirmed girl. We told my mom and dad after that appointment and they were both shocked!
We celebrated Barrett's third birthday that weekend and also planned a little gender reveal. My parents have all grandsons so it was so fun telling everyone it's a girl. My Gran came up to me after with tears in her eyes and said "I would have loved another boy, but I really really wanted it to be a girl!" I have a lot of cell phone videos of the announcement and I love seeing and hearing the reactions of all the people we love. I also love that Barrett is so excited to have a baby sister.


No comments:
Post a Comment