This was the first year Barrett picked his own birthday party theme. He was absolutely obsessed with Star Wars for almost an entire year, so I was SO excited about throwing an epic Star Wars party, but right as I was starting to plan everything, he told me he really wanted an Avengers party. I was less than thrilled since I already had pretty much everything planned out, but I could tell he was starting to get bored with all of his Star Wars stuff :( After I agreed to throw an Avengers party, he changed his mind again to a Superman vs. Batman party. A week later...he requested a Spiderman and Venom party. We had a long talk about how I had to order different things and he couldn't change his mind so much. He said he really really wanted Spiderman and Venom and he actually stuck with it up until three days before when he said he wanted a Harley Quinn party lol. (Only because he's obsessed with girls and boobs ughhhh)
We hired Hannah Higgins to take pictures at his party and these were by far my favorite party pictures we've ever had!
We stuck with Spiderman and Venom and he LOVED it! I didn't do near as many things I had planned for his Star Wars themed party but it was perfect. My best friends were there and my amazing family. The kids had fun and Barrett was in his happy place being around so many people. He acted out pretty much immediately which increased my stress, but after our long talk away from the people who showed up early, he straightened out and was happy the rest of the party. We took family pictures then spent the next few hours mingling with everyone. My dad came down the day before and we smoked 10 chickens for our Mexican themed food (and only ate 3.5!!!). Everything was way better than I anticipated and we had such a fun day! Barrett loved opening presents and couldn't believe we had a Spiderman bounce house in our back yard. We also had a cotton candy machine that convinced me we need to buy our own very soon. Days like this remind me of the closeness I felt growing up with my family and cousins, and make me feel so blessed that Barrett was surrounded by so much love.















































No comments:
Post a Comment