We surprised him after nap a few weeks ago and he was so excited that we were finally taking him. Of course, he had to wear his Star Wars shirt and Darth Vader shoes, and he also wanted to wear his Darth Vader beanie that he pretends is his helmet. We went to our new favorite theater about 15 minutes from our house. It has comfy leather power recliners, serves really good food, and this one allows kids. We walked into the lobby and they had a photo booth set up just for the Star Wars movie, so we had a little fun taking a few pics. I was a little terrified that the entire theater was packed, but we were just going to make the best of it. We could not believe our wild and crazy little bear sat through the entire movie and loved every second of the experience! He ordered lemonade, chicken strips, and fries and ate everything. About half way through the movie he asked for some treats and him and Steven ordered a big cup of sour patch kids. He kept taking his straw out of his cup and holding it like a lightsaber and "pew pew"ing at the screen. I actually got teary eyed when the movie first started just watching the pure joy in his and Steven's face. I really didn't want to watch this movie again, but there was no way I was going to miss this moment. I was 35 weeks pregnant and desperately needing sleep, but these moments are what life is all about. It was worth every second of being behind on sleep.
Monday, February 1, 2016
Family Movie Night, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Barrett is the biggest three-year-old Star Wars fan, so we decided to attempt to take him to see the new movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters. Steven and I went to see it with my sister and brother-in-law first so we could pay attention and not worry about having to leave, and I actually loved it! It's a 2.5 hour long movie, so I thought there was no way he would sit through it all, and I was even more sure that he would be loud and disruptive to other people in the theater.
We surprised him after nap a few weeks ago and he was so excited that we were finally taking him. Of course, he had to wear his Star Wars shirt and Darth Vader shoes, and he also wanted to wear his Darth Vader beanie that he pretends is his helmet. We went to our new favorite theater about 15 minutes from our house. It has comfy leather power recliners, serves really good food, and this one allows kids. We walked into the lobby and they had a photo booth set up just for the Star Wars movie, so we had a little fun taking a few pics. I was a little terrified that the entire theater was packed, but we were just going to make the best of it. We could not believe our wild and crazy little bear sat through the entire movie and loved every second of the experience! He ordered lemonade, chicken strips, and fries and ate everything. About half way through the movie he asked for some treats and him and Steven ordered a big cup of sour patch kids. He kept taking his straw out of his cup and holding it like a lightsaber and "pew pew"ing at the screen. I actually got teary eyed when the movie first started just watching the pure joy in his and Steven's face. I really didn't want to watch this movie again, but there was no way I was going to miss this moment. I was 35 weeks pregnant and desperately needing sleep, but these moments are what life is all about. It was worth every second of being behind on sleep.
We surprised him after nap a few weeks ago and he was so excited that we were finally taking him. Of course, he had to wear his Star Wars shirt and Darth Vader shoes, and he also wanted to wear his Darth Vader beanie that he pretends is his helmet. We went to our new favorite theater about 15 minutes from our house. It has comfy leather power recliners, serves really good food, and this one allows kids. We walked into the lobby and they had a photo booth set up just for the Star Wars movie, so we had a little fun taking a few pics. I was a little terrified that the entire theater was packed, but we were just going to make the best of it. We could not believe our wild and crazy little bear sat through the entire movie and loved every second of the experience! He ordered lemonade, chicken strips, and fries and ate everything. About half way through the movie he asked for some treats and him and Steven ordered a big cup of sour patch kids. He kept taking his straw out of his cup and holding it like a lightsaber and "pew pew"ing at the screen. I actually got teary eyed when the movie first started just watching the pure joy in his and Steven's face. I really didn't want to watch this movie again, but there was no way I was going to miss this moment. I was 35 weeks pregnant and desperately needing sleep, but these moments are what life is all about. It was worth every second of being behind on sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment