Friday, March 2, 2012

Painting With a Twist

Last weekend my sister turned 32! She really is the best sister and I wanted to do something fun and different to celebrate. Our family is so close so we celebrate everyone's birthday which turns into a celebration almost every month...I wanted to make this birthday a little more special since we didn't do a big party for her 30th. Ashley is very artistic and has always painted (and she's really good!). She has mentioned wanting to try Painting With a Twist several times, so I figured this was the perfect time to finally try it out. We brought food, drinks, Sprinkles cupcakes and had the BEST time! Our painting instructor was awesome and let us stay there for over four hours and we were only supposed to be there for two! We painted Van Gogh Tree, chosen by Ash, and everyone's looked so unique. This was the first time I had ever painted anything and I was afraid that mine would be embarrassingly the worst, but everyone's looked good! After we all finished painting we hung around talking and taking pictures and just acted crazy like we always do when we get together. There were a few times where I couldn't breathe from laughing so hard :) I love my family and feel extremely lucky that they are not only my family but my best friends! Here are some pictures that show a little bit of the crazy fun we had!













1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to go do this for awhile! There is one here in Denver and you get wine while you paint! Looks like y'all had so much fun and your paintings are all great! Lol Jamie makes me laugh in that one where she's holding up a different picture.

    ReplyDelete