The hardest part of all of this was the moment Barrett asked me about my job. After his first day, he asked me what my new job was called. I tried to fully explain it because he likes to know every detail of everything. We talked about Daddy's job for a while then after a moment of silence, he looked me right in the eyes and said "But Mommy, your job is being MY Mommy!" Cue the tears! Ugh that moment was so so difficult for my heart, but it's been a wonderful change for us all and I'm still home when he's home for the most part :) Now here are the pictures from his first day that I could stare at for hours. I love this boy more than words can describe!
Sunday, August 27, 2017
First Day of Pre-K
Barrett had his first day of pre-k last week, on the day before his fifth birthday! We started him in the Summer program two days a week at the same school with the same teacher to get him acclimated to the change and his first week was great! I cried like a baby the night before because of all the changes we are going through right now. He started pre-k on his last day of being a four-year-old, and I started a new job and my first job away from our home all in the same week. So many changes are happening but they are all positive and we are all pretty happy going into the second week of our new schedules. Little miss Zoey is going with the flow per usual and she nods her head and smiles when I ask if she's ready to go stay with her Na Na while Mommy works.
The hardest part of all of this was the moment Barrett asked me about my job. After his first day, he asked me what my new job was called. I tried to fully explain it because he likes to know every detail of everything. We talked about Daddy's job for a while then after a moment of silence, he looked me right in the eyes and said "But Mommy, your job is being MY Mommy!" Cue the tears! Ugh that moment was so so difficult for my heart, but it's been a wonderful change for us all and I'm still home when he's home for the most part :) Now here are the pictures from his first day that I could stare at for hours. I love this boy more than words can describe!
The hardest part of all of this was the moment Barrett asked me about my job. After his first day, he asked me what my new job was called. I tried to fully explain it because he likes to know every detail of everything. We talked about Daddy's job for a while then after a moment of silence, he looked me right in the eyes and said "But Mommy, your job is being MY Mommy!" Cue the tears! Ugh that moment was so so difficult for my heart, but it's been a wonderful change for us all and I'm still home when he's home for the most part :) Now here are the pictures from his first day that I could stare at for hours. I love this boy more than words can describe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment