We had fun taking her first monthly pictures, and I loved having a little partner the whole time :) Once I mentioned taking pictures, Barrett was so excited he ran to her room, jumped in her chair and begged me to put her beside him. He's such a good big brother already!
![]() |
| Barrett & Zoey. I didn't think they looked alike at all until I saw this. |
![]() |
| Zoey and her cousin Kyndall in the same onesie. |
Age: one month
Weight:
Height:
Head Circumference:
Eye color: Still some blue, but looking hazel
Clothes: She finally fits into her newborn clothes
Diapers: newborn
Milestones: The biggest milestone has been gaining weight and getting back up to her birth weight at her two week appointment. She went from 6 lbs 8 oz down to 5 lbs 12 oz and was the tiniest baby! We were so happy she started gaining weight, and now she is starting to fill out her newborn clothes. She is also starting to really make eye contact. She is very strong like her brother was and has been able to raise her head up and move it from side to side while on her tummy since she was less than a week old. She's also great at busting out of her swaddles :)
Sleeping: Her sleeping has been way better than Barrett's at this age. Since birth, she's slept in three hour stretches pretty consistently and has even slept a five hour stretch and a few four hour stretches! Even though I'm super tired, I feel pretty lucky she is sleeping like she is because I know how much worse it can be. She sleeps the best laying on my chest, and is also sleeping in her nap nanny in between us. We are going to try new swaddles and laying her flat this weekend.
Eating: Breastfeeding is going much better this time around. With Barrett, the pain never got better. It still hurts when she latches but the pain goes away pretty quickly. The pain is better, but the emotional part is harder. I don't like breastfeeding as much and I think it's because it takes me away from playing with Barrett. We have supplemented formula a few times, but are back to exclusive breast milk. She has the same tummy issues Barrett had, but I'm going to stick with breastfeeding for now.
Activities: Eating, sleeping, and trying anything and everything to help her tummy- we bounce up and down a lot and do the bicycle with her legs and it seems to help.
Favorite things: I like to think her favorite thing is when Barrett talks to her. His constant attention to his baby sister is sweet :)





She is precious!!! Love my new little niece!!
ReplyDelete