I have never pushed potty training on Barrett. He is at the age where I really need to just take away the diapers and go through the accident phase, but because we are living with my mom I guess I don't want to go through the mess at her house. As of now, at two-and-a-half he is halfway potty trained. On January 23rd, we were at my dad's house eating and he told me he needed to poop. I asked him if he wanted to go do it on the potty and with some encouragement from my dad he said yes. He followed me into the bathroom, waited on me to open and put together a new potty, pulled down his own pants and pull up and pooped in the potty for the first time! I was in shock because I truly didn't expect him to do this until he was three because I never pushed it and apparently boys are later at potty training. Lots of positive reinforcement and m&ms followed and he has since used the potty pretty regularly. He definitely has his days where he won't use the potty at all the whole day, but for some reason I am laid back about this process. If he poops in the potty he gets four m&ms, so it's pretty funny when he says "I want four m&ms candy!" every single time he goes. Of course, I had to take pictures of this momentous day, but I will spare you and crop out the gross parts :)
 |
| He was very proud...I can't wait to show him this picture when he's a teenager lol! |
 |
| The first time he had m&ms |
 |
| I can't help but think he will always want m&ms every time he poops for the rest of his life ;) |
No comments:
Post a Comment