Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas day and I am finally relaxing after a crazy couple of months! Steven is playing a video game, I just put Barrett down for a nap, and I am lounging on the couch at my Dad's house. We are officially living at both my mom's and dad's houses and are still living out of our suitcase at my dad's. Needless to say, it has been chaotic trying to create a comfortable place for our family at two different places. Barrett has had trouble napping and didn't sleep through the night for a whole week at my mom's, but he is adjusting well and excited about seeing his Na and Pops all the time. Even through the moving, no sleeping, and not having enough time to get each other good presents, Steven and I had a wonderful Christmas and are thoroughly enjoying this day! We stayed up until 2:00 am putting Barrett's new train table and basketball goal together and wrapping presents. We put in Date Night and actually had fun getting everything ready for this morning. This was the first year we got Barrett a "big" gift and I think it's only going to get more fun as the years go by. He didn't get overly excited like I thought he would, but the look on his face made it all worth it. He played on his train table all morning and also tried to include all of his trucks and cars on the tracks. He shot a couple of baskets in his new goal, but the table was definitely his favorite. A few hours in, he finally checked everything else out and got excited about his guitar string lights. We still have a few wrapped gifts under the tree for him we are saving for after his nap. I feel extremely blessed for the life I have and especially blessed for my family and friends. Merry Christmas and may the spirit of the season stay with you year round!

Helping out Santa :)








Barrett took Steven's new Game of Thrones history book and started flipping through it saying "Harry Potter says". We asked him what book it was and he said "Harry Potter!" lol

So tired he had to take a one minute nap while we opened presents and tell us NO! Terrible twos happen even on Christmas morning. 




Enjoying his cinnamon roll and the Christmas tree




No comments:

Post a Comment