Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Our Weekend/ Barrett's First Haircut!

A couple of weekends ago, we had two birthday parties, lots of quality time, and Barrett got his very first haircut!!! We LOVE our weekends when Steven is off work!

So happy. I went for a quick movie date with Jessica S. to see This is Where I Leave You. I got some much needed friend time and Steven got to hang out with Barrett one on one. 

Saturday morning with my Sophie girl.
Nervous about the power tools in the kitchen. This boy is pure sweetness. I didn't know brown eyes could be so pretty :)

Fixing the tile in our kitchen. Barrett helped with his toy hammer, but got scared of the loud power tools.

My nephew, Remi, had his fifth birthday party and there was a live "critter show". There was an actual snake! The kids loved it!

Sistas

I tried to get a good picture of Barrett with the snake but he just pushed it away. 
My babe. Isn't my Dad's backyard gorgeous!?


Despite their faces in this picture, the kids always have a blast in the bounce houses. This was the first time I was a little more relaxed with Barrett. I even let him slide down by himself! 

Look at Aunt Ash Ash being so protective :)
Later a the end of the party, I got in the bounce house with Remi, Roen, Mallorie, and Barrett and had so much fun going up and down the slide. These little boys are so sweet and I don't want them to grown up!
We got home late from Remi's party and experienced our first night of Barrett falling asleep in bed with us for the night. Even though I pictured this moment with Barrett snuggling up with me, I still loved every second.

09/21/14: Barrett finally got his very first haircut! His hair has always grown evenly and slowly, but his little curls in the back were starting to get a little long and a mullet was forming. A friend recommended Sharky's and it was perfect. The chairs were cars and they had tvs in front of each car with tons of movies to choose from. Barrett was apprehensive in the beginning and would not get up in the car. He started to freak out so I took him out to our car to have a talk with him and after a few minutes he calmed down and said he was okay and would get in the car. He got upset about the cape, but they said it was fine if he didn't wear it so I didn't push it. He moved around and would move the hairdresser's hand away if she spent too long in one area. He looked so grown up sitting there and actually acting calm and collected while a stranger cut his hair. I was shocked because he doesn't like being messed with. Afterwards he gave the biggest smile! What a fun milestone we got to experience together! 

Before the haircut


Mommy, why did you let her put that cape on me? Dramatic.



Checking out his boy's first haircut

Success! 



Proud mommy. I find it so strange to feel pride for such a tiny little person who did nothing extraordinary, but I love it. I'm just proud to call him mine. 
His first ever certificate. My mom made the most amazing scrapbook of my whole life for my high school graduation. It is filled with every single certificate I ever got. A haircut certificate is totally ridiculous, but how adorable!!

We went to the Disney store at the mall afterwards and Barrett picked out a baby goofy stuffed animal...because he doesn't have enough. 
From the mall, we headed straight to one of my very best friend's little boys birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. At first glance I thought this was the sweetest picture because Barrett was looking up at his Daddy. Wrong. Those googly eyes are looking straight at the guitar. 

Jett and Barrett

Birthday boy Owen, Olivia, and Lily. I love these sweet kids. 



No comments:

Post a Comment