Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Bear at 22 Months

Barrett is almost two years old! It seems like yesterday we were bringing this precious boy home from the hospital, and now he's a full on toddler full of personality and filling our lives with so much love! Here are a few pictures & little about our little bear at almost two!

Water baby

Barrett's new way to smile :)

Inhaling an entire tomato

Caught playing on Daddy's computer

Being totally silly eating the sprinkles and topping off donuts (just like Mommy!)


Eating is a big deal for Barrett. He's hungry and ready to eat at any moment, and will eat pretty much anything. He has a banana and blueberries everyday. He also begs for applesauce, goldfish (foldfish), and a cookie (fig newton) throughout the day. We feel very lucky he is such a good eater. Hopefully he will continue to love veggies! 

He loves his sleep! He sleeps around 12 hours every night and takes a three hour nap in the afternoon. Bedtime is usually at 8:30 and will now sleep until 8 or 8:30. He almost always wakes up happy and I love listening to him talking  and playing in his crib on the monitor when he gets up. He will usually do this for at least 30 minutes and then start asking for Mommy when he's ready to get out. 

I am still staying home with him most of the time, but he does go to daycare two days a week while I work from home. I miss him the entire time, but I think it has been a good experience overall. He made friends the very first day and talks about "school" quite often. I get to be productive for myself and remind myself that Barrett and I aren't actually going to be connected at the hip forever :(
He also brings home crafts and tells me that his friend Bobby is nice. How cute is that?

Since the day he was born I have just known that he was smart. I am sure every parent thinks this, much like a parents biased belief their child is THE cutest kid. Ever! But really, he has just always had that look in his eyes that he knows exactly what is going on and ready to conquer the world. He is such a fast learner and loves accomplishing anything I throw at him. It's so fun teaching him new things. He can count to 10 in English and Spanish and prefers numbers in Spanish because who doesn't? He will run around saying "uno, dos!" over and over and clap, and then later go in his own world and count all the way to ten when he thinks nobody is listening and clap for himself and say YAY! I've caught some on camera, and Steven actually got to hear him count to seven in Spanish and to ten in English and he was in shock. I asked him the other day how old he was going to be and he has always said two...he responded with dos and I almost fell out of my chair. I didn't know he could even associate those numbers with the numbers he had been learning in English. It's really funny how he praises himself and is perfectly content putting on a show in his own little world. He doesn't care anything about learning colors. Numbers, he picked up immediately. Maybe he will love math like Mommy and Uncle Micah.

I show him pictures of our family and friends and he knows everyones name and will randomly ask about certain people he is thinking about. His cousins are definitely on his mind. He loves looking at their pictures in our living room. Holding hands is a must for him every day. Having clean hands is also a must and it makes me laugh. When he gets messy he will say "hands" with a disgusted look and won't stop until I clean them.

He still begs to watch Ellen and also loves "Babies" (Quints by Surprise), Frozen, Despicable Me, and gets excited when he sees Mickey Mouse. He loves books, but wants to flip through them himself. He will flip through and just mumble his own language while looking through the pages.

He has still never had a haircut. I have no idea when he will actually need one. He does have a few little curls in the back, but he really doesn't need one yet. He wears size 6 shoes, 2t shirts in most brands, and 18-24 (some 12-18) months in shorts/pants. He has pretty olive skin, light brown hair, and almost identical brown eyes to his Aunt Jessica and Steven's mom, Ruth Barrett Tyler Walker, who he was named after.

Barrett loves music. His favorite movies are musicals and his favorite things to do are playing his drums and xylophone. Watching him play drums is one of my favorite things to do. He's very passionate about it and will get his setup ready and perfect before he starts playing. He will play a little, then put both drumsticks down to clap for himself and say "YAAAAY!" Steven and I will put pandora on the tv and just have music on all day and Barrett will dance and really pay attention to the songs he likes. His favorite songs are and John Legend's All of Me and he will sing right along with Mommy when he is familiar with a song. He sings along to songs on the radio in the car and it makes my heart smile every single time. Music has always been a big part of my life, so it is amazing to have a son who will share this love with me.

It still amazes me at how much I love having a son. God really knew exactly what I needed when he gave me Barrett. I love him so much it hurts.



No comments:

Post a Comment