Thursday, July 11, 2013

4th of July/Dad's Surprise Party

My dad turned the big 60 while on their Africa trip a few weeks ago. I wanted to make this birthday really special because 1) 60 is a big birthday! and 2) He is such a great dad and he deserves a great celebration!
I had planned on having a big surprise party at my house with the whole family and friends, but plans changed. Four days before the 4th of July I found out my brother was going out of town for his business on the day we had planned on having the party. I was scrambling trying to figure out a different date for the big party and after a lot of phone calls and freaking out we decided Dad would just have two parties. We had a surprise party on the fourth of July with just our immediate family...so that Micah would get to be there when we surprised him. It was small, but so fun! We had a great 4th and Dad was definitely surprised! 

We also drove up to Gainesville to watch my nephews and cousin ride in the 4th of July parade a few days before the 4th and it was adorable! 



I love this picture so much. Our grandparents get so much joy out of seeing their great-grandchildren. 



SURPISE!


Dad with his kids and grandsons


Cute baskets I made full of his favorite goodies :)



Fun in the pool


Ash and Remi




Worn out

Snapped this little gem of a picture of my precious nephew Roen with his puppy


It was almost bed time, but I had to take pictures first

I love how Remi had his hand on Barrett

Stinkers

Barrett and Pops


We ended the night with some sparkler fun. Steven makes me laugh in this pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment