Friday, November 9, 2012

I spoke too soon

I remember when Barrett was almost six weeks old and saying "Barrett has never had a blowout! I'm so glad he doesn't do that!" Well I definitely spoke too soon because when he was exactly six weeks old he introduced us to the world of blowout diapers. When he hit two months, he started having blowouts quite often...actually almost every other day! I hope this will slow down because I am always nervous when we are out and about.  Here are some lovely pictures of his first blowout, which conveniently happened at 2:00 in the morning, and of the most recent one that happened in his mommaroo swing. Being a new mom and a natural worrier I was completely freaked out when he had his first blowout. I was unaware that this was normal and I basically stayed up the rest of the night watching him to make sure he was okay. I even called the pediatrician that morning and they said he was fine as long as he wasn't having any other symptoms consistent with dehydration. It was such a relief to know that all babies have massive poops that seem to weigh as much as the babies themselves. GROSS! The things we have to do as parents are absolutely disgusting, but our little stinker makes it all worth it! 



This was Steven's first time to clean up a blowout and he got a pretty bad one lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment