Monday, June 4, 2012

28 weeks/Third Trimester!

I cannot believe I am already in the third trimester! So far, this pregnancy has flown by. It's hard to believe that we will be holding our baby boy in three short months! 








How far along? 28 weeks
How big is baby? About the size of an eggplant
Total weight gain? 15-16 pounds
Maternity clothes? Both. I have been trying to find some comfy dresses because it is way too hot for pants or constricting tops.   
Sleep? Still sleeping great. I haven't been able to sleep in though because Barrett's movement will wake me up and I am so hungry in the mornings. 
Best moment of the week? Feeling his movement getting stronger and knowing he is growing, getting his baby bedding in the mail, and passing my glucose test! 
Food cravings? I could seriously eat sweets all the time. I could just skip meals and eat dessert all day if I didn't have to worry about nutrition and weight gain. I am still loving oreos and peanut butter and I got to have a delicious piece of strawberry cake at Olivia's 2nd birthday party (thanks Jess!). 
Food aversions? None.
Symptoms: I experienced the first kick from Barrett that actually hurt! I am also feeling more tired.   
Mood this week: I am just full of anticipation and trying to read about all things baby. Steven and I have been reading What to Expect When Expecting together. 
Movement: I feel him all the time and I can tell he is really growing because his kicks are getting stronger. I love watching my belly jump up and down. 
What I’m looking forward to: My first baby shower! Ash let me pick the cake flavor so I chose Oreo cookies and cream! I can't wait!
What I miss: Just the usual sleeping on my stomach. I am also starting to have a hard time picking out outfits to wear. Cute maternity clothes are hard to find. 
Next appointment: This Thursday, June7th

No comments:

Post a Comment