We found out on Monday, when I was 15 weeks and 1 day, that we are having a baby boy! Our doctor was hesitant to look this early because he usually waits until 20 weeks, but he went ahead and appeased me and we are 98% sure it's a boy! I was in shock when he first said it looked like a boy because we both thought it was a girl. He had his little legs crossed at first, but then gave us a little flash. So I was totally wrong! We were both so excited as we were leaving the doctor's office, and couldn't stop smiling and talking about our little boy. We immediately drove back to Gainesville to tell my mom and dad in person. They both thought we were going to say girl! I definitely was picturing a girl, but I couldn't be more excited to start our family with a boy. I hope he looks just like Steven! It seems more real now that we know the sex; now we just need to decide on a name. On our five hour drive home yesterday, we talked about names and cannot make a final decision. It's so hard being in control of naming another person! We have it narrowed down to a few, but I am just hoping we can decide soon. This will be the fourth boy in a row for our family, so I guess we were just meant to be surrounded by little boys! Let the nursery planning begin!
How far along? 15 weeks
How big is baby? About the size of an apple.
Total weight gain? Three pounds.
Maternity clothes? I have worn my bella band once this week to work. Most of my pants still fit, but my favorite black pants that I wear to work are a little too snug around my belly so the bella band works great! You just unbutton your pants and put the band around them and you can't even tell your pants are unbuttoned.
Sleep? Great. I used to stay up so late and always had a hard time falling asleep, especially if Steven was already asleep. This week I have been falling asleep early while he is still up reading or watching a movie so it has been wonderful! It took us three nights to finish The Godfather because I could not stay awake.
Best moment of the week? Finding out we are having a boy! I still cannot believe we are going to have a son!
Food cravings? Not really any strong cravings, I always want fruit throughout the day so I usually eat apples, raspberries and bananas.
Food aversions? Okay I never thought this would EVER happen, but I haven't been eating pickles as much as I use to. I actually threw one away the other night because I took a bite and didn't feel like eating it. I think pregnancy has made me not like my favorite food as much :(
Symptoms: No new symptoms, just starting to feel fat!
Mood this week: Happy! I will randomly get little bursts of happiness when I think about this little boy growing inside me. It definitely helps me get through these long days at my internship site.
Movement: I was laying on the couch the other night on my side and I felt something move and it felt different than any other feeling. I think it could have been the baby!
What I’m looking forward to: Picking out a nursery theme and deciding on a name.
What I miss: Buttoning my favorite black pants :)
What I miss: Buttoning my favorite black pants :)
Next appointment: April 10th



No comments:
Post a Comment